Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

A mellow Monday

Not much wit to share with you today. After all, it is Monday. I can give you a brief recap of our weekend, though.

Friday night we went to our friends’ house for a barbecue and to cheer on the Twins. While the game was on, I don’t think I ever actually sat down in front of the TV. Such is life when you’re among good friends, I guess. At one point the boys were giving us pointers on how best to work out, and how to get the most from strength training without ever picking up a weight. What followed may or may not have included me in a on the floor in a plank position attempting to hold up my own weight as long as I possibly could (which, let’s face it, is not very long). Sometimes we tease them that they think they know everything about fitness, but I have to admit I do appreciate their advice.

Saturday I went to the gym early and even tried out some of the new moves the boys had taught me. Then Sean and I went to the first Gopher game of the season. It was a beautiful day, and despite their embarrassing loss, we had fun.



Saturday night Sean went to his high school reunion and I went to a dinner with my mom honoring her and other employees that celebrated their 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 35th, or even 40th anniversary with their company. It was actually quite fun. They have a large company so there were easily a couple thousand people there so it was a pretty elaborate affair.

The entertainment for the evening was a group called Human Nature. They sang Motown songs and were absolutely fabulous. I really enjoyed it. Apparently they have a show in Vegas, created in part with Smokey Robinson. If I ever make it there I’ll definitely have to check them out again. I’m already downloading some of their songs! I even won the centerpiece!


Sunday was a typical low-key day. Sean and I did our grocery shopping in the morning (I don’t know why, but the experience is always more enjoyable when we go together). I met with my group for the class I’m in right now, and followed it up with 2 and ½ hours of homework….yuck. This certainly isn’t my favorite class but we’re more than half way done, and when it’s over, I only have one class left! I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and picking up the house and then headed to dinner with Sean’s family.

Today it was back to work and the seemingly long week ahead. We have a department retreat Tuesday and Wednesday, so it will be a good way to break up the routine and hopefully make the week go by quicker. The highlight of my day was coming home to find that Sean had made dinner. A delicious, and light, meal of Tilapia and rice. What a great husband, fiance, boyfriend! Just teasing! :) I really did appreciate it though!

More fun to look forward to this weekend, as soon as we make it through the week. Is it really almost the middle of September already? Where is this month going??

No comments:

Post a Comment