Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back with a weekend recap

I finished my second-to-last MBA class on Friday. You would think that means I would have more free time to post, but of course I simply haven’t found the time!

This past weekend was lots of fun. I took Friday off for a much-needed long weekend. Sean and I spent most of the day together. We had lunch at Bread and Chocolate. I of course already looove their cookies, but I was also impressed by their sandwiches. That afternoon we went to the mall for a bit, and then out with some of Sean’s friends from work.

Saturday we went to my friend Katie’s wedding. Congrats to Katie and Eric! It was a beautiful day, a beautiful ceremony, and of course a beautiful celebration! I love weddings!

Sunday we woke up bright and early (well, actually just early) to make the long drive to Green Bay, Wisconsin. A friend of Sean’s dad gave his family 4 tickets to the Packers game, so Sean, his youngest brother and his girlfriend, and I went for the day. I had never been and was very impressed. The drive I could do without, but it was worth it. It was crazy to see the entire town, at least in the near vicinity, in football mode. Tailgating and pre-game events were fun, and our seats were great. We were caught in the shadows of the scoreboard for a bit near the end of the game, but we stayed warm enough to make it through. A very cool experience and I’m sure not my last.

Many people have asked of my excitement to go to a Packers game. Yes, I’m from Minnesota. I am aware that the Packers are our ultimate rival. But converting to a Packers fan sort of came with the territory of being Sean’s girlfriend. And that’s ok with me. Let’s be honest – I don’t see the Vikings out there doing much on the field worth watching. There, I said it!

All in all it was a great fall weekend. Looking forward to a few more before the frost permanently settles and we’re locked into another Minnesota winter.

My goal is to write in this much more often – at least for this week I have off of school. I’ve toyed with the idea of doing the “30 day challenge” and forcing myself to write in it every day for a month, but with school and work as busy as it is, I don’t think it’s realistic. But, there are some great ideas out there for fun topics to write about, so I’ll use those as inspiration to keep me writing when things get too busy to think straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment