Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Introducing: Weekly Wednesday Top 10

Last Wednesday I posted the Top 10 reasons I drag my butt out of bed to go to the gym in the morning. In an effort to keep me writing here at a very minimum of once a week, I’m going to start a Weekly Wednesday Top 10.

Today’s Top 10 (because we were working out some house stuff lately and I have house on the brain): things I would do to my house if I had infinite amounts of money.

Don’t get me wrong. I love our house. We found a charming, updated home in a neighborhood we adore and a price we could afford; we couldn’t ask for more. But no matter what house you live in, most of us could probably think of things we’d do to it if we had the extra money to do it with. Of course, most people would probably just buy some big beautiful, perfect house with infinite amounts of money. But play along.

If someone came to me and said, I’ll do whatever you want to the house you live in right now, these are the 10 things I’d probably do, in no particular order:

  1. Put an addition on upstairs and make a master suite (with a walk-in closet? Yes please!)
  2. New windows!
  3. New siding
  4. A porch
  5. Finish the basement (which would also include a sump pump)
  6. A new garage door
  7. Update the landscaping (better grass, more flowers, etc.)
  8. Leaf guard gutters
  9. New doors – front and back
  10. Bathroom on the first floor

Ahh, a girl can dream! Some of these are more realistic than others, and some we could probably manage to do on a smaller scale. Let’s face it, we’d be lucky to do 1 or 2 of these projects in the time we live here. But at least there’s something to work toward!

No comments:

Post a Comment