Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Rant

This morning I was on the elliptical, just a few minutes from being done, when I suddenly noticed an overpowering smell of smoke or something burning. No one around me seemed to be alarmed but I kept looking around to make sure the gym wasn't on fire somewhere. It was that strong.

When I was done and got off the machine to get a rag to wipe it down, I walked right past a guy I had noticed get on an elliptical about 6 down from me just a few minutes before. Aha! The smoke smell. It was HIM! Seriously, 6 ellipticals away and I could've sworn the building was burning around me. Dis-gusting!

I am not a fan of smoking. I'm not trying to be condescending or look down upon those who smoke. My mother was a smoker for years (not that I approved then) but has thankfully been smoke-free for quite a while! I know plenty of people who smoke and it is to each their own. Most smokers I know manage to do so without constantly reaking of ash.

But sir, how can you honestly not notice that you smell like you bathed in chimney soot? You single-handedly stunk up an entire area of a gym that is usually so overpowered with the smell of sweat that you can't notice anything else. Not to mention it was 6:00 in the morning! Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment