Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Crunch time

I'm having a hard time believing it's Monday night already. Where exactly did this weekend go? And where did this day go?

I'm down to the wire on quite a few things this week, which is going to make for a stressful, busy, but hopefully FAST week. I was at the office for almost 10 hours today, and came home and put in a few more hours from the comfort of my couch. I like that kind of work much better, though if I had the choice I'd only do work at work. But, we're nearing the end of a big project our team has been working on so it's crunch time to get things ready for the final presentation.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the busiest week of work would also fall on the final week of my entire MBA career. I'm glad that I was a bit of an over-achiever and got a lot of my work done for class early, but there's still quite a bit to be done. The deadling - 5 p.m. Friday - is looming and I can already imagine the weight that will magically lift from my shoulders as soon as it passes. I wonder how long it will take me to realize that it's officially over, and not just a break between classes? I can't wait to find out!

So needless to say, life is a bit crazy right now. There's a good chance I may also be getting sick, which again wouldn't surprise me given my luck and the stress I've been under as of late. If it could hold off just a few more days I'd be very grateful.

This past weekend was pretty enjoyable, despite the early season storm that blew through on Saturday. We were lucky to have avoided power outages or significant damage, but the cold, heavy, wet snow still did a number on the roads and our spirits. I guess it made it a little less odd to hear Christmas music playing 24/7 on a local radio station. I think we can officially say that winter is here to stay. Never my favorite season. But there's also not much I can do about it, short of uprooting to a warmer climate, so I'll make an effort to grin and bear it (who am I kidding, you know I'll complain all winter long about the cold temps, salt-stained jeans, having to wear coats, and the permanet state of static-cling that my hair inevitably falls into).

I promise to be back for my Weekly Wednesday check-in, but if I'm rather absent the rest of the week, at least you'll know why. See you when I come up for air!

No comments:

Post a Comment