Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm sorry, did you say November?

It’s been nearly a week since I last posted, which can only mean that I’ve been terribly busy (or lazy, or both). I swear it’s mostly busy.

I’m full swing into my last MBA class EVER and it’s occupying the vast majority of my free time. In the past I’ve been able to get a lot of my course work done at work. Since I go to school at the same place I work, they’re great about letting us do this when our workload allows. In recent months work has just been too busy to do this. It’s fine. After all, homework is intended to be done at home. So understandably, I’ve spent much of my down time at home staying on top of homework. So hours writing in front of the computer at work, and hours writing papers in front of my computer at home, tends to stifle my desire most days to write anything else.

Excuses excuses. I’ve always been the queen of them. But fear not. In 2 and ½ weeks I will have my free time back, at least part of my sanity, and I assure you I will devote more time to this blog. This is the kind of writing I enjoy doing anyway!

This past weekend was nice and relaxing.

I took Friday off so that Sean and I could catch up on yard work and actually enjoy the weekend. We put in a few good hours, hauled off a dozen bags to the compost, and can happily say we’re pretty much done for the season.

Saturday I raided my mom’s Halloween tubs for last-minute costumes that Sean and I could wear to our friends’ house. I wore the pumpkin costume my brother wore as a toddler (it swallowed him up at the time) and Sean threw on the M&M costume that has gotten much use in the last 10 years. Not too bad for day-of costumes:


I even subjected Oliver to a little costume-wearing and shared my pumpkin head with him.


Sunday was mostly uneventful. We planned for way more trick-or-treaters than we got, so of course we are left with candy we shouldn’t but can’t help but eat.

I also did a little redecorating in our bedroom on Sunday. I've had this frame that Sean gave me in our bedroom for a while now, and I decided it would be cute to dress it up with some frames and a shelf. After a little trouble with making things level and breaking things, it is complete. I'm excited - I think it looks cute!


I could hardly believe when I woke up on Monday and remembered that it was November! It feels like yesterday that I was running for Miss Shamrock (a story for another time), yet we’re already back to cold temps and snow on the horizon. I cry. Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks, Christmas just a few weeks after that. It seems that this time of year comes around faster and faster all the time!

I’ve mentioned before my love for TV (do I need to remind you again not to judge?). Last night as Sean, Oliver and I were relaxing in the living room, I realized that it might be my very favorite part of my day. Sad in many ways, I know. But I honestly look forward to the time of day where I return from work, change into comfy clothes, and get to relax on the couch with my boys and watch good TV. I seriously think about that part of my day on my way to work. Don’t get me wrong. I actually really like my job and appreciate the feeling that comes after a good workout every morning. And I’m all about going out and doing fun things every now and then. But I think that downtime will always be my favorite part of my day. At least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment