My 11 day vacation from work starts right now. Cue the huge sigh of relief.
I really love my job. I’ve said it before. But it’s still exciting to have some time away to do absolutely nothing. Unlike last year, there’s no warm destination in store, but I’m sure I’ll still find plenty of relaxation and relief in these next 11 days nonetheless.
And that’s why today’s top 10 covers the top things I’m hoping to accomplish during my stay-cation.
- Give the house a deep clean. Put the clutter away—not just hidden but in its rightful place!
- Work out at times other than the crack of dawn. And because I won’t have to rush off to work when I’m done, I’m hoping to stretch those workouts a little longer, too.
- Spend time with family. One of my favorite parts of the holidays! And my mom and I both have next week off, so there’s plenty of time for that.
- See a movie, or a few. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a theater or rented, but I’ve been craving a great flick—preferably one I haven’t seen.
- Do some shopping. Part of this is due to my procrastination and need to get some last minute Christmas gifts, but I also hope to browse some after-Christmas sales next week.
- Sleep. There’s nothing like waking up without an alarm!
- Finish a photo shoot. This story is coming later – I’ve been meaning to post about it for a while, and now that it’s official, I guess it’s ok to do so (watch for it in the next couple days). Anyway, it involves having my picture taken one last time. Quite frankly, I’m more excited to get this over with than actually do it.
- Catch up on things I’ve needed to do for a while. Oliver needs a haircut. The car needs an oil change. I finally scheduled my 6-month dentist appointment. Being off work makes all of this much easier!
- Get organized. Want to start 2011 off on the right foot, so hoping to get everything in order to make that possible.
- And finally—just relax!
I hope you all have a great holiday!