Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Going public: A follow-up

A few weeks ago I shared the story of how I came to appear in Shape magazine’s January 2011 issue. I also mentioned that the Star Tribune, one of our local papers, was going to be doing a similar story.

Though I was apprehensive about having my picture taken (at the gym, no less), it wasn’t so bad. I chose a time where the gym might be slightly less crowded and decided not to notice (or care) if people were staring. The photographer was very nice and it was over in less than 20 minutes. Whew!

The article appeared in the Sunday paper on January 9th. I was actually quite pleased with how it turned out (not that I usually doubt these things, but I guess you never know how your words can be portrayed). To be perfectly honest, I was much happier with this article than the one that appeared in Shape. This one was more me. They were my words. My sentiments. I felt a little like the Shape article was more focused on what they wanted it to be than what I really said or meant. It’s not that it was wrong, or even bad. The Star Tribune article just felt more real.

So anyway – here is the link to the newspaper article, if you’re interested.

Some coworkers keep joking and asking when my next media appearance will be. Thankfully, I think I’m done. No more photo shoots scheduled. No more interviews to give. But I was truly honored to have been featured in each of those publications, and humbled by the outpouring of love and support from people who read them. So THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment