Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Green and Gold

The Packers are going to the Super Bowl!

Being from Minnesota, you wouldn’t think I’d be excited about this. But I am. And here’s why.

One of the first things I learned about Sean before we started dating 6+ years ago was that he and his family were huge Packers fans. His dad grew up in Milwaukee, so he passed the love for the green and gold on to them.

So logically, part of our dating contract includes a clause stating I have to be a Packers fan. Ok, so there’s no contract. But if there were, being a Packers fan would be in it.

And that’s why I’ve been a “traitor” to most of my fellow Minnesotans for the last 6 years. But recently, a coworker kindly pointed out to another coworker (a Packers fan) that he discovered being a Packers fan is much more fun than being a Vikings fan. I’d have to agree.

Win or lose, it will be fun to watch a Super Bowl where I have an actual interest in one of the teams. And when was the last time the Vikings delivered that opportunity?

Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment