Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let your light shine

Today I was only in the office for a half day because I was observing some market research interviews with a few coworkers. After a couple of hours at the research company’s office, I made my way home to finish work from there for the afternoon.

On my way home I decided to take a slight detour. The cemetery where many of our loved ones are buried wasn’t far out of the way.

I don’t make it out there as often as I’d like, especially in the winter months. But something was pulling me there today. If only for a minute, I wanted to be near the sacred place we’ve laid them to rest.

 As I turned down the drive and spotted the mausoleum in the distance, I was struck by the beauty on this cold winter afternoon. Above the arched roof, the clouds had parted ever so slightly to reveal distinct rays of glowing sunshine. It was beautiful. It was breathtaking. It was just what I needed.

I tried to capture it from the substandard camera on my cell phone, but it hardly does justice to the beauty of that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment