Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Perspective

Yesterday I was reminded that sometimes (not always), it's all about perspective. I can feel entirely different about something just by looking at it in another way.

Sean was telling me about how one of his buddies from work was going on his third date with a new lady friend. They were going to hang out at her place - she was making dinner and they were renting a movie. I was very excited for him. Said friend is a great guy and I was thrilled to hear that things were going well.

So I said to Sean, "That's so cute! Why don't we do sweet things like that anymore?"

To which he replied, "We do!"

And he was right. In fact, we had just done that the other night. I suppose in living together we often overlook the small ways we spend time together as a couple. But when you look at it from a different perspective, we do find time to do sweet things together after all. It just took me thinking about it in a different way to realize it - and to appreciate it.

I bet a lot of things in my life could benefit from a fresh perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! I think we all need reminders like this every now and then :)

    Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete