Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Separation anxiety

On Thursday morning I’m leaving for a trip with my mommy. We’ll be gone for a week, and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s the first time my mom and I have gone anywhere just the two of us, so it will great to have some quality mother-daughter time. Plus, I’m beginning to forget what sun and warm temperatures actually feel like, and the weather where we’re going will be the perfect reminder. By the time we get home to Minnesota, I’m hoping winter will officially be winding down and temperatures here will be on the up and up.

So while I’m thrilled about the trip, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little sad to be leaving Sean and Oliver. In fact, I’m starting to get a little anxious about it.

I can’t remember the last time Sean and I were apart for more than a couple of days. A few more isn’t the end of the world, I know, but I’ll still miss his company. We’ve been living together for 2 ½ years, so we’ve gotten into a pretty good routine that involves spending an awful lot of time together. And I kind of like spending time with the guy.

Ultimately, I know it will be good for us. We’re independent people in our own ways, but it’s easy to forget how much we rely on each other in our day-to-day lives. And being away from each other can only make us appreciate one another even more. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Lots of positive ways to look at it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m incredibly excited for this trip. And I know the week is going to fly by and I’m going to be sad to leave paradise to return to little ol’ Minnesota. But I’ll be coming home to my boys!

Tell me, do you miss your partner/best friend/children/etc. when you go away? I know I’m not alone here!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I definitely miss J when he's away but luckily (after spending 1+ years apart over our 5 years together) long separations are largely behind us and luckily/unluckily we've gotten good at dealing with the short absences, probably better than we would have if we hadn't spent so much time apart :)

    Here's hoping you don't miss Sean too much while you are gone!

    ReplyDelete