For no particular reason, today has been exhausting. Maybe it’s a middle-of-the-week thing, but I’m burnt out and ready to put on my PJs and plant my butt on the couch so that I can be mindlessly entertained by the TV.
This is not to be confused with having a bad day or being in a bad mood, neither of which is the case. I’m just tired. So while I retreat to a night of focusing on nothing more complicated than the remote control, I’ll leave you with my random thoughts from today:
- For the third day in a row I made my trip to the gym without—I repeat without—sweatpants over my running shorts. I’d say it’s a sure sign that spring is on its way.
- Today, I got on the elevator to go to another floor for a meeting at work. After a long afternoon of intense editing, my brain was on autopilot. The second I stepped inside, my mind went blank and I forgot what floor I was going to. Before I knew it, I had—in a fog—pressed every button in the vicinity of where I thought I needed to go. Guess I subconsciously decided to take the scenic route?
- Today, Sean called me at work just to tell me he saw ducks in the pond at the golf course in our neighborhood—and that one of them had its head under water and its butt in the air. I love random phone calls that make me smile. (And another indication that spring has arrived!)
- True confession: Sometimes I like thinking about plans for my wedding…and I’m not engaged! Yesterday, I picked out the reception site. Hah! Dream on girlfriend….
- I think I’m done putting "beauty" before comfort. I’m pretty sure the blisters on my feet will thank me.
That’s all I got. By the way, we’re half way to the weekend—whoop!