Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding: Did you watch?

Leading up to this much-hyped Royal Wedding I didn't pay much attention at first. I read a news story here and there, caught a few television reports speculating everything from the gown to the guest list. But as it drew nearer, my interest grew a little.

I wasn't alive to witness Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding, but I vividly remember being captivated by Princess Diana's funeral nearly 14 years ago. Like millions of people around the world, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to watch the coverage of her beautiful farewell.

It was then that I really became aware of the royal family, especially the young princes who were so close in age to me. I remember having a bit of a "celebrity" crush on Prince William. So as his wedding day approached, I got curious.

And who doesn't love a good wedding? Especially one with as much fanfare as this one!

{Via CNN}

I didn't set my alarm to catch every minute of the affair (but I did DVR the coverage in case I wanted to go back and see some highlights). But when Sean's alarm went off just before 6 a.m. (I'm off work today so was planning to sleep until I felt like getting up), I decided to turn the TV on to see how it was going.

Of course I was instantly hooked. It was the end of the ceremony, but I loved seeing her beautiful gown, catching glimpses of the guests (and their outrageous hats), and following their journey to Buckingham Palace. And I may or may not have shed a tear or two.
I think Kate, or more officially, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge, looked stunning. I loved her dress!

{Via CNN}

So what about you? Did you pay attention to the Royal Wedding?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just dropping in from FTLOB :)

    It's definitely been quite the event. I hear it's been all over the television and the news. Oddly, I haven't been exposed to it much. Granted, I live in Canada, but I guess I just don't watch enough tv XD

    Cat Dead, Details Later

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you watched it from about 6:15 on (they were in the carriage at that point). I have to admit, all of the media hype over the last month had sort of burned me out on the royal wedding, but I think the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge looked gorgeous and so in love! I hope they have many years of happiness and contentment together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Erika - thanks for stopping by! That's funny that you didn't seen as much coverage. That's good, because like KT said, it burns you out a little. I probably felt like I heard so much of it because I tend to watch a lot of TV, haha :)

    @KT - I would have to agree - it was so hyped up I was pretty tired of it by the time it got here. But yes, they looked gorgeous and so happy. And it was fun to see. I'm sure it will be fun to say "I remember when..." many years from now when people start looking back at their wedding.

    ReplyDelete