Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend had its ups and downs, but overall it was a nice one. Let’s focus on the highlights:

Friday
  • Started the softball season. Despite rain, cold temps, and being short 1 guy, we had lots of fun and even won our second game!
  • Chatted with friends over cheese pizza and garlic bread after softball.
  • Fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow—before 10 p.m.!
Saturday
  • Went to the gym, showered, and did the grocery shopping all before 11 a.m.
  • Took a long walk (over 2 hours!) with two of my best friends, and stopped by another friend’s house along the way.
  • Sean and I had dinner at our favorite local burger place.
  • Saw “Water for Elephants” with my friend Molly.
Sunday
  • Got up early and baked mini cinnamon rolls for Easter brunch and angel food cake for Easter dinner.
  • Went to mass with my mom, brother, and sister (and visited with my aunt, uncle, and cousins for a bit afterward).
  • Made brunch and ate with my family and Sean, who was working and stopped over on his lunch break.
  • Saw “Hop” with my mom and sister.
  • Had Easter dinner with Sean and his family.
I’m not a big fan of Mondays and this Monday has me in a bit of a funk. But the week ahead looks pretty bearable, especially because I have Friday off work. I love my job, but it’s nice to have a break from time to time.

So onward and upward, that’s my goal. How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it sounds like you had one busy weekend! I think it is so cool that you play softball. I wish I was still involved in a team sport! Your blog is super adorable - I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You're too sweet! I checked out your blog too and love it!

    Softball is a lot of fun. I played throughout high school and missed it terribly in college. Some friends and I put together a co-ed team and started playing in our city adult league and we've been going ever since! This is our 7th season!

    ReplyDelete