Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

An award & about me

In the words of Charlie Sheen, my allergies are “WINNING” this week.

Yesterday I reached a breaking point and finally called the doctor. On top of my regular allergy symptoms (sinus headaches, itchy eyes) I’d been feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest. So I worked from home for the day, which allowed me to get in to the doctor last minute and also gave me some much needed rest, too.

The doctor reaffirmed what I pretty much already knew; my allergies were out in full force and had also caused some asthma symptoms. So she gave me a whole slew of medicine and I’m officially determined to be on the road to recovery.

I’m feeling a little better today, but not sure whether it’s the medicine already working or whether I’m just glad it’s almost Friday (and a long weekend)!

But on a much happier note, yesterday Alisha at Married in Chicago gave me this:


Thanks so much, Alisha! It definitely made me smile.

So in keeping with tradition, here are 10 (mostly) fun facts about me!

  • I’ve moved 5 times in the last 5 years. They’ve all been crazy and incredibly memorable experiences, but I’m definitely glad to be done with moving and finally settled in a more permanent place now.
  • I’m part of a huge (and a bit crazy at times) extended family. My mom is one of 12 kids (11 of which are girls, and the boy is the oldest). I know our family can be a bit much at times, but I sure do love being part of it.
  • I absolutely despise public restrooms. I am not a fan of taking care of business next to strangers (or worse, coworkers who are not strangers but not close friends). No thank you. (Of course I still use them. When you gotta go, you gotta go. But if I can avoid it, I will).
  • My favorite flowers are orchids.
{via Pinterest}
  • I used to have my tongue pierced. It’s so unlike me, but apparently I did stupid and random things when I was in college. In addition to getting my tongue pierced on a whim with my roommates, I also got a tattoo on the way home from a trip to Target just because I felt like it (also with my college roommates). Yes, a permanent colorful scar on my body on the way home from buying toothpaste and ramen noodles. Seemed like a great idea! File both of these in the “regret” category please.
  • I was an only child for 10 years. It had its perks but I was over-the-moon-excited when my brother and sister were born (when I was 10 and 13, respectively). I used to bring them in to school to show them off. Nerd!
                             
  • I dream about being a published author. If I could make a living off of it, too, even better.
  • I am obsessed with photography (my own and others’). I have a camera with me almost everywhere I go. Sometimes my friends tease me for it, or for constantly saying “let me get a picture of this,” but capturing memories in those ways is so worth it. Photos are priceless, if you ask me. 
  • I love to travel (but still have only been to 2 countries outside of the U.S.). Sub-fun fact: In the 6+ years Sean and I have been together, we’ve been on at least 8 trips by airplane.
  • I don’t drink coffee. I think it’s disgusting. Some days I think I should just learn to like it, because I have a feeling I’ll need it as I get older. I have up soda over 2 years ago, too, so I have very little (if any) caffeine intake on a regular basis.

And of course, the bloggers I want to pass this award onto—10 lovely ladies whose blogs I just adore!

Happy Friday-eve, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award girlie!

    12 kids, huh? And I thought my mom's family was large with 8 kids :) I love big families though: loud, crazy but always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!

    I love big families, too :) My dad is one of 6...which is only half the size of yours!

    When I was in 5th grade or so I really wanted a baby brother (I have a sister who is 3 years younger). I'm not exactly sure where that desire came from, but I was always jealous of my friends who had babies in their families. I would have shown off mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!

    I love big families, too :) My dad is one of 6...which is only half the size of yours!

    When I was in 5th grade or so I really wanted a baby brother (I have a sister who is 3 years younger). I'm not exactly sure where that desire came from, but I was always jealous of my friends who had babies in their families. I would have shown off mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate public restrooms too! If I know I'll be going home soon, I'll hold it just so I don't have to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! And I, too, have a tattoo and a piercing from my college days that I regret. Pregnancy effectively ruined both of them, not that they were so great to begin with! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete