Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

I heart weekends

Say it ain't so...Monday already?

*Groan*

I had a lovely weekend. And if we're being honest, I'd really rather be anywhere but back at work today. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job and work with great people, but this girl is feeling a little burnt out and it seems like I could use a couple more days in my weekend.

Nevertheless, this weekend (though fast) was very nice. Some highlights:

~Friday~
  • Our 4th week of softball, and yet another rainy/cold evening. But, we won both games!
  • Went out for dinner with the team. Great food, great conversation, great company!
~Saturday~
  • Sean is back to working M-F, which means we finally have Saturdays together again!
  • Caught up on a couple DVR'd tv shows while Sean slept in on Saturday morning. 
  • Watched 50 First Dates while working out at the gym.
  • Ran a bunch of errands - got Sean's gear for his upcoming training class, got new running shorts for me, grocery shopped.
  • Prom grand march - Sean's younger brother went to his senior prom, so his mom and I went and watched the grand march. I love seeing the kids all dressed up - what incredible dresses there were this year!
  • Date night! Dinner and a movie. We saw Bridesmaids and I have to say, we loved it. Lots of laughter, that's for sure.
~Sunday~
  • Woke up to see sunshine, finally!
  • Made a trip to Menard's for much needed lawn and garden supplies.
  • Yardwork - don't you love the smell of freshly cut grass?
  • Mall of America. Since the sun was out the mall wasn't too crowded, so it was a great chance for me to get some quick shopping done. Found a couple cute clearance deals at Gap, some pots for the front of our house, and a raincoat (it seems like this will be much needed this year, but now that I finally bought one, you know the rain will be few and far between. You're welcome, Minnesota.)
  • Dinner with Sean's family.

And there you have it. Nothing special, but it still makes me smile. I love weekends.

What did you do this weekend? How about next weekend - any big plans? Let's start talking about that already, then maybe it will come even sooner!

Happy Monday friends!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice weekend! I wouldn't want to go back to work, either! And I've been wanting to see Bridesmaids SO badly. I hope it's as funny as I think it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lucy - I hope you like the movie too! I wasn't sure if it would be as funny as it looked, but it definitely kept me laughing. I've heard from some people who didn't like it quite as much, but I think you'll definitely get some good laughs out of it! Hope you had a nice weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I really, really want to see Bridesmaids since it seems like a comedy both J and I would enjoy (he is usually more amused by traditional buddy comedies like Anchorman than I am)

    I bought a sun hat for J's graduation on Friday and now I know it will rain that day. Want to switch karmas? :)

    ReplyDelete