I had a lovely weekend. And if we're being honest, I'd really rather be anywhere but back at work today. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job and work with great people, but this girl is feeling a little burnt out and it seems like I could use a couple more days in my weekend.
Nevertheless, this weekend (though fast) was very nice. Some highlights:
- Our 4th week of softball, and yet another rainy/cold evening. But, we won both games!
- Went out for dinner with the team. Great food, great conversation, great company!
- Sean is back to working M-F, which means we finally have Saturdays together again!
- Caught up on a couple DVR'd tv shows while Sean slept in on Saturday morning.
- Watched 50 First Dates while working out at the gym.
- Ran a bunch of errands - got Sean's gear for his upcoming training class, got new running shorts for me, grocery shopped.
- Prom grand march - Sean's younger brother went to his senior prom, so his mom and I went and watched the grand march. I love seeing the kids all dressed up - what incredible dresses there were this year!
- Date night! Dinner and a movie. We saw Bridesmaids and I have to say, we loved it. Lots of laughter, that's for sure.
- Woke up to see sunshine, finally!
- Made a trip to Menard's for much needed lawn and garden supplies.
- Yardwork - don't you love the smell of freshly cut grass?
- Mall of America. Since the sun was out the mall wasn't too crowded, so it was a great chance for me to get some quick shopping done. Found a couple cute clearance deals at Gap, some pots for the front of our house, and a raincoat (it seems like this will be much needed this year, but now that I finally bought one, you know the rain will be few and far between. You're welcome, Minnesota.)
- Dinner with Sean's family.
And there you have it. Nothing special, but it still makes me smile. I love weekends.
What did you do this weekend? How about next weekend - any big plans? Let's start talking about that already, then maybe it will come even sooner!
Happy Monday friends!