Today is going to be a good day. I’m determined to make it so.
Here are a few things that will help:
- I shaved my legs this morning. (I know, a pretty big deal right?) In case you’re thinking “what the hell?” right about now, trust me when I say that this is a major accomplishment for the girl who showers in a 2 x 2 shower at the gym in the morning.
- The sun is shining, for at least the 5th day in a row. The high temperature today? Above 70! And I didn’t have to wear a coat to work this morning. It just keeps getting better!
- My other half is working late tonight. Usually, I’d be a little disappointed but today, I’m using the down time to treat myself to a much-needed pedicure after work. Is it 5:00 yet?
- The neighbors—the ones that make living in this neighborhood so wonderful—are having a BBQ tonight. I won’t be home in time to dine with them, but hope to be home in time to share some conversation and play with their adorable children (and maybe secretly wish—only for a second— that I had some kids to play along with them).
- Speaking of children, two of our closest friends are expecting their first baby this fall. This week they found out they're having a baby girl. I'm so excited for them and can't wait to spoil her rotten!
- I will go to sleep tonight, and when I wake up it will be Friday. ‘Nuff said.
What’s making you smile today? Happy Friday-eve!