Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy birthday to my special someone

Today I'm wishing the happiest of birthdays to this incredible young man (since I will always be 3 years older, a fact he'll never let me live down, he'll forever be "young" to me):
This year is the 7th birthday of his that we're celebrating together (that's more than a quarter of his life!). I think back to the very first one and am quite amazed at where life has taken us since then.

We made it through 9 months of a long-distance relationship while he was away for his freshman year of college.
We've held various jobs, graduated college (twice for me, if you count grad school), and found full-time jobs that at least lead us in the right direction of our ultimate goals.
We moved in together--and survived. (I know it's not always the step that should come before marriage, but it sort of fell in our lap, and it's worked for us.) And we bought a house together!
We've endured the loss of loved ones.
We've grown--together.
I feel like one lucky girl. He truly is my best friend. So HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sean!

I can't go without mentioning that today is also special for 2 other reasons.

It's Sean's parents' 27th wedding anniversary. I realize it may sound cheesy, but I just know that his dad is watching down on their family--sending his love to Sean's mom on what would be a tremendous accomplishment for them, and wishing his first born a very happy birthday.

And lastly, 1 year from today, 365 days from right now, we will be getting married! By tomorrow, it will officially be less than a year away. I can't believe it. And I can't wait. I get to marry my best friend! Someone pinch me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Sean! That is awesome that you and Sean's parents' will be sharing an anniversary :) How special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdays AND weddings! How fun! I love all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete