Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Random Friday thoughts

Heading into the weekend, I’ve got a few, mostly random, things on my mind.
  • If you’re the praying type, please say a few extra prayers for my friend Molly and her family. I’ve known Molly since I was 5 years old and she and her family are very dear to me. Her dad is waiting for a heart transplant and has experienced various setbacks and challenges in recent months. Today he had another surgery. I can only imagine how difficult this time of uncertainty and waiting is for them. My heart aches that these wonderful people have to go through such hardship. They’re heavy on my mind these days. So if you have a minute, please keep them in your thoughts. They can use all of the prayers they can get!
  • Another rainy Friday? Seriously? That makes 7 of the last 8. Come on! Granted, it’s not technically raining yet, but it’s threatening, and that’s enough. We aren’t playing softball tonight (we had to cancel due to lack of players) so that makes it a little better, but I’m still tired of it. My cousin’s graduation party is tonight and I’m sure they’d prefer if people could be outside, too. So I say, “rain, rain, go away!”
  • I’m getting married in 372 days. Whoa!
  • Speaking of the above, this wedding planning stuff has made me realize even more how indecisive of a person I am. I did find my dress this week though (I. Love. It). But I’m still having a heck of a time thinking about colors. I’ve seen a dozen color combos I like but still can’t decide. Any advice? Have any perfect palettes to share? I know I’m over-thinking it.
  • Last night I woke up half a dozen times in the middle of the night and thought it was Saturday. Don’t you hate that? Maybe tonight I’ll actually sleep. And no alarm tomorrow? Even better.
  • Have I told you my best friend is pregnant? Well she is. And every time I think about it I get so excited! I can’t wait to meet that beautiful baby girl (well, I can, because she still has a few months to go, so stay cozy little girl!).
I’m all out of creativity and effort today, so thanks for bearing with my random thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a site for the wedding and/or reception reserved yet? Once I nailed down those details it became a lot easier to decide on a color palette since I wanted something that would jive with the decor and ambiance of both places :) Time of year also helps narrow stuff down. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete