Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend recap

Wonderful weekends are bittersweet, only because getting back to the grind is so much harder after 3 days of fun and sun. We finally had a weekend with beautiful weather EVERY DAY!

I had Friday off, and used the day to finish my baking for Sean’s brother’s graduation party (I made chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, mini cheesecakes, and peanut butter graduation caps - recipes to come later), clean our house, and see a potential wedding reception site with my mom.

Friday night was the party and it was a ton of fun. Despite the 95 degree temperatures that had us all swimming in perspiration, we had a lovely time. The turnout was great, the desserts were delicious, and the evening went off without a hitch!



Saturday morning we helped take down the tent from the party and went to the gym. I went to watch my sister’s softball game, took another peak at the same reception site (this time it was all set up for a wedding), and then went to a baby shower for my cousin whose girlfriend is having a baby next month.

Gotta love the candy bar diaper game!
Sunday we got up early and got our grocery shopping out of the way (grocery shopping is much more enjoyable when you have someone with you to help, wouldn’t you agree?). We got some things done around the house and then went to Grand Ol’ Day, an annual street festival in our neighborhood. This year it drew over 250,000 people! I’m sure the beautiful weather had nothing to do with that!


Sean’s cousin and her husband and kids live along the street that its held on, so we stopped in and said hello. I got to meet this beautiful boy and hold him the whole time! Not even 2 weeks old yet. Such a cutie pie!

We finished the night off with a homemade meal, a nice visit with our new next door neighbors, and shakes (thanks to my wonderful mother) from our favorite local malt shop.

I. Love. Summer.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. I love a pretty weathered weekend!

    The baby boy is precious.

    When my 6 year old saw your chocolate covered strawberries she said, "I like her." She qualified it though by saying that she was talking about how you look.

    Hi. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Goge - thanks for following! I love your 6 year old already :) Can't wait to stop over and check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete