Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I got nothing

It's been one of those weeks. The kind where nothing exciting happens, nothing horrible happens, but you're still pretty sure Friday afternoon couldn't come a second sooner.

The early part of this week brought wicked heat and record-breaking humidity to Minnesota, along with 35+ other states in the U.S. Hearing that temperatures topped 120 degrees in southern states (and that it happens much more frequently there), made me feel much better about the few days I had to put up with it here. It still made for an unpleasant few days. I spent as much time in air-conditioned indoors (work, car, home) as possible.

The humidity finally broke today and there's a noticeable relief in the air. This is the kind of summer weather I love.


 I can't believe we're already nearing the end of July. We have a lot of fun things planned for the rest of the summer, which is actually sort of a blessing and a curse. I'm very much looking forward to everything that's ahead - a girls day, a couple of road trips, the 2nd annual golf tournament for Sean's dad, a few vacation days from work, wedding planning, and a baby shower for two of our best friends who are expecting their first baby. But I know this busy schedule also means one thing: summer will be over before we know it. Time does fly when you're having fun, doesn't it?

I'm slacking in the blogging department lately. I wish that I could say it's because I'm too busy to find the time (sure, it's the reason every once in a while). But mostly it's because I'm blank. Call it writer's block or lack of inspiration, but some days I can't seem to muster up anything worth writing about - at least not anything anyone would want to read about.

Kind of like this post. File this in the "boring" department. I promise I'll get back on my game soon.

As for you, what fun plans do you have before summer ends, now that we're about half way there? I do love fall, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to summer just yet!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog! Don't talk about summer being over! It's too fast. I finally feel like I get in the groove of it just as it's ending.

    Glad the heat broke, it kind of prevents you from enjoying the awesomeness of this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!

    I know - I really shouldn't already be thinking about summer ending. It's a bad habit I've had for years, and it's certainly time to break it. There's still lots of summer left, lots of fun to be had. So I think we should focus on that :)

    ReplyDelete