Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

A pretty nice little Saturday

Will Ferrell’s “nice little Saturday” line from Old School had lots of people laughing, and lots of people repeating it, too. Like I’m doing right now, see!

Funny as it was, I still think a day at Home Depot and Bed, Bath & Beyond does sound like a pretty nice little Saturday! When did I grow up?

Anyway, we did have a nice little Saturday this weekend. In fact, the whole weekend was nice.

Softball was cancelled Friday due to storms, so we got dinner and ice cream with some friends instead. When we got home, we watched the series finale of Friday Night Lights. I’ve been following the show since it started, but Sean just got hooked this year. I’m sad to see it end!

{Pinterest}
Saturday morning was relaxing and uneventful. We stayed in our PJs far too long and caught up on shows from the DVR. Eventually we were motivated enough to do our grocery shopping. With the hot, humid temps we’ve been facing, the ice cold air conditioning of the grocery store was a welcome relief. Later that afternoon, we went out for smoothies and a snack. At a small table by the window (for people watching, of course) we sipped our strawberry smoothies and munched on some of the best muffins in town (I had banana, he had lemon blueberry).  

After snack time we did some shopping. We got some kitchen storage containers and a new casserole dish (see what I mean? When did I grow up?). I also got my phone fixed, because it had suddenly started going directly to speaker phone on all calls.

Saturday night we had made plans to meet some friends at Highland Fest, an annual “fair” in our neighborhood. We went a bit early to browse the art booths and get some dinner. I knew it was hot outside, but I was completely unprepared for just how uncomfortable I would be. I was a hot mess of sweat and crankiness (and I had even dressed appropriately!). We toughed it out though. Once the sun went down it got a little more bearable, and we were able to make it through the band’s entire set. We stayed for the fireworks, grabbed some shaved ice on our way out, and headed home!

Sunday was even hotter than the day before (a trend that is going to continue through much of this week, yuck!). It was the perfect excuse (as though we needed one) to stay inside and stay cool. Short of a few errands, we didn’t leave the house most of the day. We made homemade mint chocolate ice cream (I’m in love, and also in trouble because it’s not really of the healthy variety). We also did laundry, watched the Twins game and World Cup final (what a game, and such a disappointing loss!), and even took a small cat nap on the couch. We had Sunday night dinner with Sean's family and grandparents, so we did get our sorry asses off the couch for a little while longer. Later, we finished the night by watching Big Brother and finally crawling into a bed of freshly washed sheets. Perfect!

What was the highlight of your weekend? Are you like me and already counting down the days to next weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I say I am heading to Bed, Bath and Beyond (or BBB as I sometimes refer to it) J always quotes Old School :)

    I am jealous you got Jamba Juice. They don't have any here in St. Louis but there is one in South Bend and you better believe that will be one of my first stops when we move there!

    It's been way too hot here too and it looks like it will continue to be all week. Boo!

    ReplyDelete