Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tune in Tuesdays

This song always reminds me of watching fireworks from Harriet Island, a park near downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. Every year, my friends and I would gather blankets and snacks and head to the island to watch the 4th of July fireworks. We'd huddle together and listen to the music playing at the local bandshell as we watched the colors pop against the dark night sky. This song was always a favorite, and it made the entire crowd swell with pride and sing along.
They've since stopped having the festival they usually have at Harriet Island. The fireworks just don't seem the same without the music. But any time I hear this song, I'll always think back to those summer nights, celebrating our country and all those who serve it.


Want to know what Tune in Tuesdays is all about? Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment