Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

You know it's Friday when...

…you wake up at 3 a.m. to a horrible dream and wonder if it’s really Saturday and you get to go back to sleep indefinitely.

…you want to cry when you realize it’s not Saturday, and your alarm will in fact be going off in less than 3 hours.

…you put the knife you used to cut your English muffin in the ice maker instead of the dishwasher at work.

…you up the size of your favorite morning drink order (For me it’s a mango iced tea with a shot of sugar free raspberry…delicious! And I’ve been trying to limit it to once a week, so today was a great day to splurge.)

…it’s storming! (We play softball Friday nights and it has rained for all but 2 of our games. So of course it’s supposed to rain all day today!)

…you hate the gym a little bit less. It’s the last day of 6 a.m. workouts, for a couple days anyway. (By Friday, I usually feel like if I hear the sound of my alarm 1 more time I will throw it against the wall.)

…everywhere you turn another coworker is walking by with a deliciously tempting breakfast treat. (My work serves free bagels, fruit, muffins, and donuts for all employees on Fridays. I try to avoid it at all costs, since choosing fruit when you’re surrounded by all the other carb-loaded goodness is practically impossible.)

…you’re wearing the same pants you already wore earlier this week. Since we have casual summer dress at work, we can wear jeans every day. While I have enough jeans to get me through the week, I tend to start re-wearing my favorite pair by Friday. Is that a fashion crime? Actually, I’m not sure I care even if it is!

...1 minute feels like 5. Five o’clock never comes fast enough on a Friday.

…despite everything, you’re happy! Love the feeling of a Friday!


How do you mark the end of your week? Any fun plans for the weekend! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. We have casual Fridays at work where we can wear jeans too although it has been so hot lately, I find myself still wearing skirts and dresses (we can't wear shorts) because jeans feel like torture :)

    Here's hoping Friday goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete