Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fun recipe for a Friday

A few weeks ago, we went to a party where someone brought these delicious (homemade) bite-size candy treats. They were a big hit and everyone just had to know how to make them. Turns out, it's actually really easy. And they taste just like the popular candy bar they're modeled after.

I made my own batch of the treats that very same weekend. I've brought them into work a couple of times and they're popular here, too.

So, I just had to share with you! Of course, I can't take any sort of credit for the recipe since I got them from someone else, adn I don't even know where she got it or what she calls them.

But here it goes anyway!

Homemade "Butterfinger" bites

What you'll need
  • 1 box of Cheez-Its crackers (I usually pick the reduced-fat)
  • Some peanut butter of your choosing (creamy works best)
  • 1 package of almond bark chocolate
Here's what you do:
  1. Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper out on the counter. You'll need to put the finished product here to cool.
  2. Start creating small cracker sandwiches by spreading a small amount of peanut butter on 1 Cheez-It and topping it with another. My latest batch only got me about 65-70 pieces, so you can create them all at once, or start with a small number and make more as you go.
  3. Since the chocolate melts fast, I usually wait to melt it until I've got a good start on the cracker sandwiches. Break the bark up into large chunks and put it in a microwave safe bowl (of course, you're welcome to melt it over the stove, too). Cook for about a minute at a time, stirring between each cycle. It should only take about 2-3 minutes to be fully melted.
  4. Once you've got the chocolate melted and the sandwiches made, take a fork and dip the sandwiches into the chocolate one at a time. (Or, like me, place a bunch of them in the bowl and then sink them under the chocolate one-by-one).
  5. Once the crackers have a good coating, pull it out with the fork, letting some of the excess chocolate drop back into the bowl.
  6. Place onto your cooling paper, and keep going.
  7. Once you're chocolate is gone or you've made enough cracker sandwiches to tie you over for now, let the candy cool for a while - 30-40 minutes should be plenty.
  8. Eat and enjoy!
We store ours in the fridge to keep them crisp and cool. They're great for small treats at home, at parties, or in the workplace. And like I said, they taste JUST like a Butterfinger. Who would've thought some cheese crackers, peanut butter and chocolate could do all that?

Let me know what you think if you give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment