Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm in love

Yesterday, one of my best friends (we've known each other since 4th grade!) went to the hospital to be induced. She was exactly a week overdue. All day long I was completely distracted, thinking about how things were going and waiting on pins and needles for news. I've had plenty of friends and family have babies before, but when it's someone so close, it's an entirely different experience. I was beyond excited.

And then, just before 8 p.m., she arrived! I met her today and instantly fell in love.
I didn't want to put her down. She has a perfect button nose and big blue eyes. She yawned and I practically melted. Her onesie fell softly off her tiny little shoulders. She's perfect in every way, and I just couldn't take my eyes off of her.
And seeing our two friends with their daughter, hearing the pride in their voices as they pour over the details of her arrival, moves me to tears. I'm so incredibly happy for them. Let me tell you, that is one lucky girl because she just got 2 of the greatest parents.

And although I'm a little biased, she's going to have some pretty damn good family and friends too. I may not be blood, but I'm still her auntie!

And, understandably, it made me want to give her a little friend right away, except that we have to wait for that whole marriage thing. Is it next June yet? Just kidding. Maybe by the time her mommy and daddy give her another brother or sister, we'll be ready to give them a playmate.

So we drove away from the hospital and I couldn't help but just cry. Sean asked what was wrong. "Nothing's wrong," I told him. "I'm crying because I'm so happy. I love her so much already."

Welcome to the world Charlotte Sophia! We are so happy you're here!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, she is beautiful! You are so right...when it's a best friend, it just feels more amazing!

    ReplyDelete