Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just in time

I love it when the weekend arrives just in time.

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly make it through another 8 hours of work.

Just when I'm ready for 1 morning where I don't have to wake up to an alarm.

Just when I'm ready for my comfy clothes - leggings, slippers, and Sean's oversized sweatshirt (I swear if it were socially acceptable, I would wear this all day, everyday).

Just when I need an unstructured day without a single thing on my to-do list.

I have to use a bit of vacation time before the end of the year, so a few weeks ago I decided to take tomorrow off on a whim. Funny how I somehow just knew I would need it. It certainly doesn't mean I don't enjoy my job or am not grateful for it - I'm just also grateful for the much-needed breaks sometimes, too.

Sean, who never uses his vacation time, surprised me today by taking it off, too. All week I've been encouraging him to go crazy and enjoy a day off work, and he actually listened!

So tonight we're making one of our favorite chicken dinners, renting a movie, and starting our weekend a whole day early.

Seriously....today came just in time.

Looking forward to a fun weekend ahead - walks with friends, our annual apple orchard + pumpkin patch trip, a football game. How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo for an extra day of weekend! Sometimes you just HAVE to take a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayya! Days off=the best! Thank GOODNESS for the invention of the weekend :)
    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Just when I need an unstructured day without a single thing on my to-do list" - you took the words from my mouth! have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete