Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend bliss

Today is day one of my five-day weekend. I'm thrilled to have some downtime with friends and family. And if the relaxation and productivity of today sets the tone for the rest of the weekend, I am going to be one happy girl.

My day started pretty early for a day without work, but I kind of like it that way. (I feel a lot more productive when I get a head start on the day.) On days when I'm still home before Sean leaves for work, I rely on him to wake me up. He comes and sits at the edge of the bed to and talks with me fore a few minutes before he has to go. It might just be one of the very best ways to start the day.

After he left, I watched the morning news and then caught up on some shows in the DVR. I eventually made my way to the gym, and headed straight for the mall from there (don't worry, I showered!). There were lots of great pre-Black Friday sales, but I managed to stay focused on the few things I came to find. I made a pit-stop at the grocery store on the way home and then did some holiday baking. We're having dinner with some of Sean's friends tonight (a tradition they started in high school), so I prepped our contributions and rocked out to Christmas music.

Looking forward to the rest of this great day - and it's only the beginning of a long, relaxing weekend. Love!

Happy almost Thanksgiving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment