Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

In my happy place

Today, for what feels like the first time in weeks, I've finally had a chance to catch my breath. I'm feeling a little on top of the world.
I had the day off from work, mostly because I had vacation time to burn but also just so I could get some things done. I am feeling productive and festive and refreshed - and it's only the BEGINNING of the weekend.

I started the day at the gym, followed by a trip to the grocery store (checked that task off my to-do list a whole day earlier than normal? Wahoo!). I came home to our disaster of a house and got to work trying to put it back together. Two hours later it was glistening clean AND the Christmas tree was finally decorated. It's currently glowing softly in the corner of the room. I'm pretty sure I feel a huge weight lift off my shoulders every time I look up and see it complete.

We had an appointment for a home energy audit, so they came this afternoon to weather-proof our doors, change our light bulbs to high efficiency ones, and check up on other energy sources in the house. We live in a really old house, so it gets pretty drafty. I swear I can already tell a difference near the doors. And we got the service for half-off through our local newspaper. One of the greatest investments yet!

I finished the afternoon baking some Christmas cookies. Have you heard of Melting Moments? They're a favorite around here, and super easy to whip up. I'll share the recipe next week.

On most other Fridays, I'd be just leaving work right about now. While I'm sure I would have been productive in other ways, there's something especially gratifying about everything I got done today - and I got to do it all in my own time. Since Christmas is 2 weeks away and I'm not done with my shopping, I can only hope this productivity carries into tomorrow.

Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment