Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fabulous finds

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I’m starting to get the question. You know, the “what do you want for your birthday?” question.

I sometimes dread this, mostly because I don’t like the idea of saying, “hey, buy me something!”

I know it’s not really like that. I’m grateful that they’re even thinking of me on my birthday! But no matter how many times I tell them not to get me anything, they’re going to do it anyway. So I started trying to think of some ideas.

While on the lookout, I’ve found some really fun things and most of them have a very common theme – wedding stuff! It seems silly, but since it’s on my brain so much lately I guess it’s only natural to think along those lines. And let me tell you, there is so much creative stuff out there (thank you, Pinterest and Etsy, for being my guiding light). These may not be the best birthday ideas, but they’re definitely on my list of things to check out in the next few months.

So I thought I’d share some of them (don’t worry, you have to be planning a wedding to appreciate some of these things)!

Custom bridal hanger
{Via this Etsy shop}
Sean thinks this is stupid, since no one will even really see it on the wedding day. Hey, I love it for the photo opp alone! I don’t blame him; when you really think about it, it’s kind of silly to pay $20 for a single hanger. But it’s really cute!

Frame mat with song lyrics
I stumbled across this pin on Pinterest several weeks ago and have been in love with the idea ever since.  I will most definitely have to get one with our first dance song lyrics to use with a wedding photo, especially since our first dance song is an extra special one that Sean picked. Turns out, there are quite a few people on Etsy who make these. I’m sure it wouldn’t be terribly hard to make your own, but I’m not the most crafty person in the world. I like the idea of it looking a little more handwritten, like the Pinterest one (a product of this Etsy shop), and trust me when I tell you I do not have the handwriting to do that myself. This could be a great gift for anyone – first dance song lyrics, a baby’s lullaby, a favorite poem. So cute!

Return address stamp

{Via this Etsy shop}

I don’t send a whole lot of mail, but I L-O-V-E- the idea of these custom address stamps. The idea of using it for wedding invites alone would make it a worthwhile investment, in my opinion. I’m a bit overwhelmed by all of the options. I love this one, this one, and this one—oh and this one! I’ve got to find a balance of something “fancy” enough for wedding invites but “casual” enough for everyday use. And, if I order one of these before the wedding, I’m not sure what to have the stamp say . Just our first names or initials? Just Sean’s last name (for optimal use after the wedding and enough ambiguity to use before the wedding, too)? Tricky tricky!

Family sign
{Via this Etsy shop}
Sure enough, this is another popular item on Etsy with lots of style options. You can find some of my favorites here, here, and here. Sean’s cousin has a very similar sign in their house that I’ve always admired. When I asked her where they got it, I wasn’t surprised to hear her say, “Etsy!”

Whew – and those are just a few of the things I’ve been loving lately! Maybe next week I'll share some ideas a little less "wedding" focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment