Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday inspiration

Happy Friday friends!

I’m feeling especially chipper this morning. Maybe it’s because it’s the eve of my birthday and I get to celebrate with family tonight. It could be because I (finally!) slept like a total rock last night.

Perhaps it’s because my work calendar looks like this today:
I can't tell you the last time it's ever been so empty. Bring on the productivity!

Or maybe it’s because earlier this week, during a team meeting, we talked about this video (I highly recommend it for a little laughter and a lot of inspiration):



After watching it, we all realized that we could stand to be more deliberately happy in our lives.

The next morning I had a little red notebook on my chair—with a challenge.
For the next 21 days, each of us (on our team of 8) is going to journal daily about 3 things we’re grateful for and 1 positive experience we've had that day. We’re also going to make an effort to do at least 1 random act of kindness each day.

I’m excited to see how these activities can help bring positivity to our lives and our work. We’ve had a lot of change and transition over the last year. A shift in thinking may be just the inspiration we need to get back on track.

And if nothing else, what a great opportunity to take a moment at the end of the day to look past the exhaustion, forget any frustrations, and reflect on the inherent good in your day.

Only 2 days in and I’m already feeling inspired.

5 comments:

  1. i love that video!

    oh and

    HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY! i hope you have the greatest time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great challenge, good luck carrying on for 21 days! Random acts of kindness are THE BEST. Blog about some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that TED talk! So inspiring.

    Good luck in the nest 21 days! And..

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Blessings~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh, don't you love nights without any plans!? total relaxation! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's really nice to see the good in every day. I have definitely been trying to focus on that lately.

    ReplyDelete