Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lessons learned this weekend

We’ve all heard the old wives tale that bad news comes in 3s. Turns out good news can, too. Congratulations to some friends who have exciting things ahead!

I remembered why I don’t do our grocery shopping at Cub Foods (at least the one near our house; your Cub may work great for you). I left there practically in tears, and with a significantly lighter wallet. Next week, it’s back to routine.  Never doubt your instincts.

Practice makes (closer to) perfect. I’ll never be a professional photographer, but every time I make an effort to go out and try new things, I get a little better at it—and I fall in love with it even more! I just need to be sure to devote time to the hobby, too. A couple friends asked me to take some informal engagement shots for them (they’re getting married in another state, where their real photographer is as well). I was pretty happy with how they turned out and excited to try some new thing with my camera.

Frozen waterfalls are pretty incredible.
Nothing compares to Pine Sol and some good ol’ elbow grease. We tend to rely on our Swiffer Wet Jet more than we should, but after getting down on our hands and knees and cleaning the floors the old fashioned way, they’ve never looked better!

Waking up at 7 a.m. on a Sunday isn’t as bad as it seems when you stay in bed for another hour, and then only get up to move to the couch for a 4-hour movie marathon. LAZY!

And the same lesson I learn every single weekend – Mondays come much too soon.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those pictures are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, those pictures are incredible! I didn't even know waterfalls froze: what I learned this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, these photos are lovely. I adore the leaf one, such wonderful colors and textures! :)

    ReplyDelete