Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

11 things

I’ve seen the "11 things" meme floating around and have been meaning to jump on the bandwagon. Then, I was tagged by my friend Caroline so I decided I have no more excuses for sitting out.

So, the rules:
·         Post a photo
·         Share 11 random things about yourself
·         Answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you
·         Create 11 new questions

Here we go!
{Most recent picture of myself - Sean and me on my birthday}
11 things about me
  1. Sometimes I force myself to wait to eat lunch until at least 12:30, even though I’m hungry at noon, just so I can feel a little closer to the end of the (work) day by the time I’m finished.
  2. In college (freshman year maybe?) I desperately wanted a black Jeep Grand Cherokee. I even went so far as to find one for sale online and go test drive it with one of my friends. My mom told me I was crazy, and though I didn’t realize it at the time, she was right. But…I finally own a black Jeep Grand Cherokee now!
  3. I told you a couple weeks ago about how I keep talking myself out of getting an iPhone. Well guess what? Finally gave in! Love it already.
  4. I tore cartilage in my shoulder in high school and had to have surgery, which put a big damper on softball career. I still play recreationally, but would love to get into coaching some day.
  5. I once had an “extra” tooth. I had some teeth pulled and when a new one didn’t come in, they did some x-rays and found I had two teeth waiting to come in one spot. They had to go in and remove one, put a bracket on the other, and attach it to a chain so they could pull it down slowly over time. And that was just the first time I had braces. Nerd! No wonder I hate my elementary school photos.
  6. I used to be terrified of dogs. My family finally got one when I was 21. Now, I would probably own 10 if I could.
  7. I don’t have a favorite color. Seriously. As a teenager I loved baby blue. Then I moved on to pink, but that got old fast. Now, I truly don’t have a color preference, for anything!
  8. I’ve never seen the mountains. But…that’s all going to change when we go to Denver next month. Can’t wait!
  9. I don’t drink coffee or soda. I’ve never liked coffee, and I gave up soda 3 years ago. A lot of people are surprised, especially my coworkers who ask if I want to join them for a coffee run. Some days I think I should learn to like coffee so I can get a caffeine fix, but most days I’m perfectly fine without it.   
  10. I have reoccurring dreams (or nightmares, rather) about my teeth falling out. I don’t know why or what it means, but at least once a month. I wake up in a panic every time. (Hah, maybe it’s related to #5.)
  11. I was an only child until I was 10. Now I love being a big sister to my brother and sister who are 10 and 13 years my junior.
Caroline’s questions: 
  1. Do you save all of your receipts for your purchases? If yes, how long do you keep them? I'm terrrible at this! My mom would be so disappointed, but I rarely save receipts. Usually only for big stuff—computers, TVs, appliances—or gifts, in which case I file them away indefinitely.
  2. The best day in your life? Tough one! I imagine it will soon become my wedding day. So far, though, I’d probably have to save a day from a vacation Sean and I have taken. We have the most fun travelling together, and it’s been too long!
  3. Your favorite organizational tip? Labels and categories. When it comes to organizing things, I love having different labels or categories to keep things straight. Our file cabinet has a folder for almost everything. My wedding binder has a section for every aspect of the big day. My closet is organized into types of clothes (dresses, pants, jeans, sweaters, etc.). My email inboxes (personal and work) are broken out into different categories. Definitely makes thing easier to find!
  4. What time do you usually go to bed at night? We always go to bed early. Sometimes I wish we didn’t, but I’m usually thankful for it when the alarm buzzes the next morning. We typically head to bed around 8 and watch some TV before falling asleep by 8:30 or 9.
  5. Do you consider yourself a Facebook/Internet-aholic? Oooh, kind of. Sometimes I think I’m a little too connected to the Internet at all times. I mean, what could possibly be going on out there that I have to check from my work computer, phone, at home, etc.?!? Honestly though, I don’t think it’s toooo bad. (Denial??)
  6. How often do you talk to your parents? My mom and I talk almost every single day. In fact, it’s unusual if we go a day without talking. Even if just for a few minutes, we always check in to see what’s going on with each other.
  7. One good recipe to share…family friendly, please? How fun! I love my family’s Chicken Wild Rice casserole. Find it here!
  8. If you won an expense free vacation for you and a guest, to leave tomorrow, where would you go and why? I’d have to choose somewhere in Europe. I’ve never been overseas and I’m dying to see so many places - Ireland, Italy, England, Spain, Greece, not necessarily in that order.
  9. What is your most prized material thing? Great question! My car maybe? (Or my house, if that counts!)
  10. What is your favorite and least favorite household chore? Favorite is probably vacuuming; it’s easy and I love seeing the results. Least favorite is definitely sweeping/mopping – I just hate it!
  11. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Is it fair to say my engagement ring? Because honestly I tell Sean that all of the time—it has such sentimental value and is beautiful (in my biased opinion). No other gift will ever compare. If that doesn't count, I’d have to say the DSLR camera I got for my birthday a few years ago.
11 questions from me:
  1. What’s your all-time favorite vacation spot?
  2. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
  3. Favorite snack food?
  4. Proudest accomplishment?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?
  6. How many different cities have you lived in? Which is your favorite?
  7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
  8. What’s one of your favorite childhood memories?
  9. If you could change 1 thing about the place you live right now (and money’s no object), what would it be?
  10. Are you allergic to anything?
  11. What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
I had fun with this! Instead of tagging specific people, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment