Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I've been honor-ed

Last night I had dinner with one of my best friends. We hadn’t seen each other in a couple weeks. The bustle of daily life gets in the way sometimes. Doesn’t it make you miss high school, when going to school every day at least meant you got to be with your friends? That’s one thing I love most about living with Sean (despite “breaking the rules” by moving in together before we’re married) – at the end of the day, I always get to come home to my best friend!

Anyway…I digress.

So my friend Katie and I met after work for a quick dinner. We gossiped and caught up on life and indulged in good food, and before we knew it an hour and a half had flown by.  Just before we left, she told me she had a small surprise up her sleeve (or in her purse, to be exact).

She pulled out a mini photo album she put together. Inside were pictures of us over the last TWELVE years. If that doesn’t make me feel old, I don’t know what does. It was fun to see how we’ve changed, for better in fact. We remembered every picture vividly—where we were, what we were doing, how much fun we were having.

I think that’s one of the reasons I have love photography so much. A single picture is all it takes to capture a moment in time, the essence of memory, a friendship, a history.

The book centered on a single theme:
When I reached the end, she had written a sweet note and a final question…
I was crying like a baby, of course. We both were. I’m thrilled to be part of her wedding day in any capacity, and truly honored to stand next to her as her matron of honor.

I'm so excited that when my wedding is over in just 2 short months, I’ll have another one to help plan. Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. This is so unbelievably sweet! Such an honor. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is such a cute idea!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete