Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Finding the silver lining

I’ve found that sometimes life is all about how you look at things. In many cases, but certainly not all, my general happiness or satisfaction is driven by my own perspective.

So, because honestly I needed a little reminder today, I’m making an extra effort to look at the bright side of things, the silver lining.
{Via}
I’m on a big project at work that’s taking up a lot of time and energy…
but it’s also allowed me to get to know new people, practice my skills in new ways, and it makes the days FLY by! (And as Sean reminded me, I can be happy I have a job at all.)

With the wedding quickly approaching, I’m finally starting to feel some of the stress with what feels like a million things to do…
but that means I’m getting married soon! I’m going to enjoy it because no one will notice the small stuff, and in the end the only thing that matters is that I’m married to my best friend!

I’ve been feeling so pressed for down time lately…
but that only means I must be busy with fun and productive things, right?

Our house is a total mess just a few days after cleaning it…
but it’s mostly because it’s littered with thoughtful gifts and packages from friends and family.

It’s not Friday yet…
but tomorrow is! Thank God for weekends!

I know there isn’t always a silver lining (or at least it can be tough to identify one), but do you ever have to remind yourself to look for it like I do?

1 comment:

  1. That's very true--no one will remember the little things, and at the end of the day you'll be married! Fun :)

    ReplyDelete