Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It’s hard to beat last year’s Memorial Day weekend, but this year was lovely, too. It was the perfect combination or productivity and relaxation.

I made it my goal to check at least 1 thing off my wedding to-do list. Being the over-achiever that I am (hah, yeah right) I checked off TWO—well, more like one and a half, but it’s still exciting. We got a few more gifts for the wedding party and got the design finalized for the program (now just to put them together).

Let’s take a look at a few other highlights, all courtesy of my phone since I didn’t bring my camera with me anywhere.
Barbecued and played some beer frisbee with friends
Enjoyed a double-date movie night with our friends Katie and Tyler

Got Oliver's haircut, which this picture has nothing to do with except to show of his big eyes
(and extremely long tongue, thanks to his incessant panting during a thunderstorm)
Went to a friend's housewarming party, where we got to spend some quality time
with my best friend's baby (oh yeah, and grown-ups, too)!
Made a delicious summer-time dinner!
Took in a Twins Game, thanks to last-minute tickets from my stepdad (12 rows from the field!)
Tried not to get terribly sunburned at said Twins game. Considering the tiny streak
on my forehead and the strange patch from my neck to chest, I'm proof that
sunscreen works (and doesn't work when you forget a couple spots!).
Here's to hoping the tan lines fade in the next 3 weeks!

Long weekends rarely disappoint. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment