Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weekend recap (a bit late)

Technology is my friend again (at least for now). Unfortunately a few other things are creeping up on my STRESSED OUT list and time is proving to be pretty precious this week.

So while I’m a few days late to the party, and we’re now officially closer to next weekend than we are to last weekend, forgive me while I share with you some weekend highlights.

Not surprisingly, mother nature rained on our softball parade on Friday. The entire day was beautiful until dark clouds settled over the city for just 2 hours—the 2 hours we were playing, of course. Despite being literally weighed down by the rain, we had a lot of fun and swept the doubleheader. Success! And just in time for things to wrap up, the clouds parted and a beautiful sunset settled on the horizon.

Saturday was my much-anticipated shower and bachelorette party. My bridesmaids did an absolutely lovely job. We had another beautiful day (which was equally great for the boys who were golfing for Sean’s bachelor party). While I’m getting too old for late-night shenanigans and was in bed by midnight, the party was everything I could’ve hoped for—quality time with my favorite ladies before tying the knot.

And then came Sunday. We celebrated mother’s day by having our families over for brunch, and then went to tour some places where Sean’s mom is looking to live. We spent the rest of the day putting away some of our new toys and relaxing; a perfect Sunday.

I’ll leave you with a bit of photo overload. Knowing how I’m usually glued to my camera, one of my bridesmaids offered to take my camera and catch the moments of the day. So grateful because we got some great memories of such a fun day!
Me and my mama!
The winning toilet-paper-wedding-dress team!
Sisters!
Me and the mamas!
All my girls together - the first and only time before the wedding day!
Two of my favorites came all the way from Wisconsin for the party - so happy to see them!
Me and my matron of honor
Another one of my bridesmaids, and the friend I mentioned in this post :)
A few of my besties from high school!

Hanging out with one of the lead singers/drummers of the night's band!

No comments:

Post a Comment