Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Absent

I know I've been inexcusably absent lately, but I needed to drop in for a little writing therapy today.

Last week I started writing a post about how sometimes things do work out, and how maybe I should stop holding my breath and feeling like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. And then this week happened (uh, and it's only Tuesday!). I'm feeling awfully glad I never published that post, because it pretty much feels like a big fat lie. Wishful thinking. Clearly too good to be true.

We're getting married in 4 days! 96 hours. I imagined this week to be blissful and exciting and full of celebration. Yet so far I haven't felt a sliver of it.

So if you're of the praying type, please send some prayers our way this week. I know how much I hate when people put such vague stuff out there, but there's far too much going on to go into detail - and trust me, you'd probably find it boring. So please just say a little prayer for Sean and I and our families, that we can get through this week and find the strength to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime celebration!
{via}

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry things aren't going as well as you had hoped. I pray your day is just as fun and relaxing and special as every bride deserves!

    ReplyDelete