Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Girlfriends

You would think with as much as we have going on right now, I’d have lots of fun things to share with all of you. Instead, I’ve been neglecting the blog and running around like a chicken with my head cut off. But the good news is, we’re almost in the home stretch!

This past weekend was wonderful. I checked several things off my to-do list (productivity makes me giddy), but better yet, I even had time for some fun, too.

On Saturday, a few of my girlfriends and I gathered at a friend’s house for some quality girl time. We never left the kitchen. For 5 hours we perched on bar stools and chairs surrounding a counter full of munchies, time flying by without even a moment to notice.



It was like we were back in high school, though I’d like to think we have a little more class and a lot more wisdom these days. All the talk of marriage and babies and careers and hardship was a clear indication that we’ve come a long way from our dramatic teenage years. But then again, there were certainly a few less mature conversations, too.

I just can’t help but think how grateful I am to have found these girls. We can go weeks without seeing each other and yet instantly fall into the familiar routine of old friendship. There just seems to be nothing like a few hours with some of your favorite girls to clear your head and calm you down.
{A photo from a couple years ago of the "original crew", although only a few of us made it on Saturday}


No comments:

Post a Comment