Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

On repeat, lately

I have a sort of eclectic taste in music. It wouldn't be unheard of to find me at a rock concert, but you could just as easily find me at a country show. Well, honestly I don't go to a lot of concerts at all anymore, but you get what I'm saying. I'm often late to the party, too. My favorite tunes are often months, or even years, old.

The only thing more varied than my taste in music is the random groove I can get into with a certain set of music. I'm known for creating a quick playlist of my most recently downloaded music and listening to it on repeat everywhere I go. Then, before long, I get a little burnt out and move on to something new. And every now and again, I go scouring through the archives to revisit a few of my faves. It's kind of a viscous cycle.
{Via}
Anyway, that's my long-winded intro to a few of the songs that I've had on repeat these days:
Wanted by Hunter Hayes on Grooveshark
This is a pretty popular country song, but again, I'm a little late to the party. I just love the sweetness of this song and thing Hunter Hayes has a really sweet voice.

I Have & Always Will by Dave Barnes on Grooveshark
Let me just tell you, I LOVE Dave Barnes. I actually fell in love with him after hearing his song "Graces Amazing Hands" on a TV show (go listen to it, it's absolutely one of my favorites). This is a song he wrote for his wedding day, and seeing as how I'm a newlywed and all, it of course sucked me right in.

You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go by Miley Cyrus on Grooveshark
I know, you're probably thinking, "Miley? Really?" Call me crazy but I actually like some of her music. This song especially. She can't take too much credit though because it's actually a Bob Dylan song and is part of the Amnesty International anniversary CD where artists covered Dylan songs. It's a little old, but I've been listening to it nonstop. I just love it!

Day That I Die (feat. Amos Lee) by Zac Brown Band on Grooveshark
Zac Brown - another voice I absolutely adore. This is the single of his latest album. I also love Amos Lee, so how can you not love the two of them together?

El Camino by Amos Lee on Grooveshark
Speaking of Amos Lee....I might be the one on repeat if I tell you how much I love his voice, too, right? There's just something so calming about his music. 

So there you have it, just a few (very random) songs I'm loving these days. But, since I change my mind so often, I'm always looking for fresh stuff. Suggestions? I'd love to hear your favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing me with a work playlist for today :) I looove Hunter Hayes. I only know a couple of his songs (including this one), but I need to listen to more. I love Zac Brown Band too. I would love to see them when they come in Nov, but I sort of hate concerts at Target Center....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I'm the same way with Hunter Hayes, I need to start investigating more of his music. I thought about seeing Zac Brown, too, but like you, I can't stand Target Center. There are few people I want to see bad enough that I'd go there for (partly because they're seating is so bad that if you want to be able to see anything at all, you have to pay an arm and a leg for decent seats!).

      Delete