Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

While I've been gone

Last night was one of the greatest nights of my life, and it might  help to explain part of the reason I've been a bit absent from here in recent weeks and months.

Last night, I got to see my husband's lifelong dream come true:
He was sworn in as one of 22 new police officers!

For the past 4 months (just before our wedding), they've been working harder than I've ever seen anyone work as part of the police academy. It's been a long, stressful process - not just for the recruits but for their families and friends, too. But every second of it was worth it to watch them earn their badge last night.

So between the limited information I could (and can) share, and the bit of a crazy path our lives have been on these last few months, I've had a hard time keeping up with blogging. Quite honestly, sometimes our lives were just so boring there wasn't much worth writing about (let alone reading about).

So there you have it. I couldn't be more proud of him and the rest of his class. They've been like family to him - to both of us - and we're honored to join this community with all of them.

I'll leave you with just a few more photos from last night.

Sean with his mom and youngest brother
Sean and Baby C (our best friends' baby, who turns 1 today!)

Sean and his best friend since kindergarten (who came straight from work). I love this photo because it shows each of them growing up to be what they've always wanted to be - a doctor and a police officer!
I absolutely adore these two. This is one of Sean's friends who became a cop for this department last year
(he was in our wedding, too) along with his fiance.
And this is what we came home to at the end of the night (sorry, had to block out our last name). One of my aunts decorated our front door with blue lights, balloons, and this sign. So sweet of her!
 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your husband! I love the poo of him and his friend who is the doctor - that's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that one too - it makes me think of them dressed up for Halloween as little kids, only this is them all grown up. So proud!

      Delete
  2. Awwww, congratulations to him!!! My sister-in-law got sworn in as a police officer a few months ago and it was so neat!!

    ReplyDelete