Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Since I've been gone

I’m not even going to sugar coat this. I’ve been gone from this blog for a LONG TIME! And I’m sorry.

It started with the need for a short break to attend to more pressing issues in life. It was nothing earth shattering, but a whole mess of things were creating a flurry of stress and I wasn't having it. And because I tend to get overly emotional when things get tough, I thought it best to stick to the “if you don’t have anything nice to say” rule. Trust me, you wouldn’t have wanted to listen to me whine.

But then that short break turned into an extended distance and I wondered how (or if) I’d get back to something I was starting to feel so removed from. It continued to be one of my favorite daily activities to catch up on all of your blogs, but I was struggling with how to get back to the rhythm myself.

So I avoided it. Healthy, right? It got easier as the distance grew to forget what the routine was like, but then I started realizing how much I missed it. I must have written a half dozen “I’m back” posts and then discarded them all.

And then today, I decided it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if it’s been 2 days or 2 months since I posted, and it doesn’t matter if I have something witty to say or nothing at all. I created this blog for a reason – to connect with people, to capture memories, and to write.

So here we go again. Here’s to getting back in the saddle. Consider this my official rejoining of the blogosphere (until, of course, my next extended break, because let’s face it, we almost all have them from time to time).

2 comments:

  1. We do all have them from time to time. Don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete