Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thank you for the sweet thoughts on Tuesday’s post. It’s much appreciated!

I thought today was as good a day as any to really reflect on everything I have to be thankful for right now. Let’s face it – I think we could all come up with a long list of the things that are really pissing us off right now, but where’s the fun in that? (Actually, that does sound kind of fun.) But let’s stay positive, shall we?

Peaks of spring. We’ve gotten a lot of flowers and plants in the last couple weeks, and they add such nice color to the grey winter that WILL.NOT.GO.AWAY!

Heated seats. Spring has officially arrived and yet it was still single digits when I got in my car this morning. Thank goodness for a car that toasts my buns and heats up rather quickly!

These boys (can you even find Oliver in there?). Let me tell you – they sure know how to take care of this girl when she needs it most. Sean has been my rock. He doesn’t even flinch anymore when I ask him for favor after favor. It’s usually right after he’s just sat down and I need one more thing from the other room, too. And Oliver (I’m sure sensing my fragility) is always by my side, taking good care of his mama.

Friends and family. Yeah, yeah, I know this is so cheesy, but seriously, we're so lucky to have a support system like we do. We've been overwhelmed with constant love, prayers, well wishes - and without it, I just don't know how we'd keep our heads up. I mean, we should all have at least one person you can call in the middle of the day to talk you down from a major meltdown.

Meal planning. A couple months ago we started meal planning a month at a time. It’s been SO convenient knowing exactly what we’re having each night, rather than coming home from work to have the discussion about what we feel like eating and almost always needing to run to the store for more ingredients. And honestly, it’s even more helpful when shit hits the fan and the last thing you want to think about it what to make for dinner. I’m not sure we would’ve eaten anything but cereal or fast food these last 2 weeks if we didn’t have a calendar to go by. I highly recommend it!
One of our favorite new recipes - thanks to Pinterest. Recipe coming soon!

So there's my shot at being thankful (even if I got a few "digs" in there, too). What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment