Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day 1: Life story



Today's topic - your life story in 250 words or less. Seeing as how I’m notoriously long-winded, this is going to be tough. Not promising correct grammar or full sentences, but here it goes.

I was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota. My mom was young, a single mother who stood up to the challenge with grace, love, and determination, and also perfected the balance of being my parent and my best friend. I grew up extremely close to my (very) large extended family, people who are still an important part of my life today. My father has never been in the picture (long story, his loss). My mom and step-dad had my beautiful brother (now 18) and sister (now 16). Love them to death. Went away for 2 years of college before moving back to finish my degree closer to home. Got an internship my senior year that turned into a full time job after graduation and am blessed to have been with this same company for 7 years. Met my now-husband in the fall of 2004 (though we went to the same schools growing up and I worked with his mom, so I knew his family all along) and got married 7 years later. I thank God for him every single day. Grew up with some incredible friends who I’m blessed to still call my best friends today (no joke, 12 of the 16 people in our wedding party went to our high school). I work hard to stay active and healthy (but it will always be a challenge for me). I love photography, dream of writing a book one day, and want nothing more than to someday be a mommy.

And there you have it, a quick summary (though there’s so much more I could say) of my life so far. Just think what the next 29 years will bring….
 

1 comment: