Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

My best friend's wedding

This weekend, one of my best friends tied the not. Aside from some mild anxiety over my Matron of Honor speech (public speaking is not a strength of mine), it was a really fun weekend!

We kicked the weekend off by getting our nails done Friday morning. That night, we had the rehearsal and Groom's Dinner. The dinner was held at the groom's parents' house and it was a beautiful night for it. Since Friday was also Flag Day, they decided to invite everyone to wear patriotic colors, and it turned out to be a great idea. It was fun to see everyone all decked out in red, white, and blue. They also surprised the bride- and groom-to-be with a serenade by a barber shop quartet - super cute!

Saturday morning, we started bright and early - we got to the salon by 7:30. After a few hours and running only slightly behind schedule, we made our way to the church to get ready. We got the bride into her dress so she and the groom could start pictures while the rest of us did makeup and finished getting ready. Between pictures and the ceremony, the afternoon flew by. We took a limo bus to the reception, took some more photos, and then settled in for dinner (and my speech - which thankfully went pretty smoothly!). Then came the most fun part of all. With all formalities behind us, it was time to just let loose and spend time with friends, chatting and dancing the night away. It was a long day and I was beyond exhausted by the time we got home, but it was worth it!
I could still feel the exhaustion in my bones when I woke up on Sunday, so I spent most of the day doing absolutely nothing. It was perfect, in fact. Sean and I went to our favorite breakfast spot before taking care of some much-needed chores around home. We took an unplanned afternoon nap on the couch, and then had a delicious summer dinner with my family.

At the risk of sounding a bit sappy, I just have to say that weekends like this remind me how lucky I am to have such incredible friends. There's never a shortage of laughter and fun when we get together, and this weekend was no different. Now I think I'll need the rest of the week to recover. How many days till Friday again?

1 comment: