Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Recap

My future sister-in-law, Heather, recently moved to Minnesota. (Technically she’s only Sean’s brother’s girlfriend, but they’ve been together a long time and she is just as much family as any of the rest of us. I can’t wait to be able to officially call her my sister-in-law.) Understandably, she’s been disappointed in the constant cloudy skies and chilly temps. Summer what?
 
I can’t blame her. It’s enough to make me consider packing my bags and heading south and I’ve lived here all my life.

But this weekend, while a bit of a wash (especially Sunday), we were able to get out and enjoy enough of it to give me a little hope that there is in fact summer to be had.

Friday, we played softball – finally – on a night with no rain! We won both games with plenty of time to spare, so the whole team headed out for a late-night dinner, too.

Saturday I woke up early, mostly because the sun came shining into the bedroom with a vengeance (it’s been a while since I’ve seen that). Oliver and I went for a long walk and then came home for some breakfast. I got ready and met Sean’s mom and Heather to go to the farmer’s market. It was a beautiful morning and so much fun to browse the plants and flowers, check out the fresh food, and people watch. After the farmer’s market, I did some grocery shopping, only to discover after arriving home that I had forgotten several things on my list (that’s what I get for trying to remember the list I left at home). Sean and I made some quick lunch and went to meet my friend’s 2-week old daughter. The baby was in and out of the hospital for the first few days after she was born so we didn’t have a chance to meet her right away. So we jumped at the chance to go meet her while another friend was babysitting for the day. After getting in lots of baby snuggles, we went to the garden center and came home and planted them. We finished the night with a quick dinner and a Redbox movie (Gangster Squad – I really liked it!).  

 
 
Sunday was crummy weather wise, but it set the tone for a relaxing day. We cleaned in the morning, and then I went back to the grocery store to get all of the things I forgot on Saturday. I ran a couple other errands and then came home to snuggle with my boys while watching movies. Later, Sean’s mom and Heather came over for dinner. We finished the night in typical Sunday-night form – I painted my nails while we watched TV and we crashed by 9:30.
 
 
Whew – another Monday already?

No comments:

Post a Comment