Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Wedding #2

We had such a fun weekend that it's Monday night and I still feel like I'm recovering from it. Not recovering in the sense of being hung-over (you usually have to drink in excess for that to happen, and despite being a lightweight at times, 2 glasses of wine over the course of several hours didn't do it for me), but just plain exhausted. In a good way, though, if that's possible.

Some good friends of ours tied the knot this weekend. Technically, the groom is one of Sean's friends, but together with another couple (the 3 guys all used to work together), the 6 of us have become close so I think it's fair to say we're all friends now.

Since Sean and Ryan were in the wedding and had to be there much earlier in the day, Ryan's wife and I rode to the wedding together. After the ceremony, we made a pit stop at the hotel to drop a few things off, and then met everyone else at the reception. We enjoyed some delicious food and then got the party started - with lots of dancing, laughing, and catching up. A few (hah, who am I kidding, a "few" is relative to the fact that I took 200+) photos for your viewing pleasure:
Photo booth props
The wedding party did the Harlem Shake - hilarious
Matching props for the photo booth
Partners Dollar Dancing together (they're both cops and squad partners)
The groom and his military buddies serenading the bride with "You've lost that loving feeling"
Love these people!
Weekends like this - laughing and spending time with friends like these - make me happier than I've been in a long time. Hoping this high lasts at least 3 days to get me through this short work week until a nice long, 4-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment