I'd be lying if I said all of those anxieties have gone away, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to the place where I blog regularly about being pregnant. But it's completley consumed our lives - been the best and most terrifying thing to ever happen to us - so it's not like I'll ignore it all together, either. The bottom line is this: we are feeling so grateful that God has granted us another opportunity to be parents, and we couldn't be more excited to welcome our little baby boy later this year. I will never get tired of feeling him dance around my tummy. I'll also probably never stop worrying about every little thing my body does - wondering if it's normal, if it's anything to be concerned about. I realize the anxieties of carrying a child are only a precursor to what it's like to have a child in this world, their life in your hands. So I suppose this is only just the beginning - the paradoxes of fear and pure joy that make up parenthood. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
So what else have we done these last 5 months, in addition to the minor detail of gestating a child?
- Celebrated 2 years of marriage
- Took a vacation with Sean's family to a cabin in Wisconsin (and hit a deer on our drive up there)
- Had the 5th annual golf tournament in memory of Sean's dad
- Found we are having a BOY
- Finished our 10th consecutive season of co-ed softball (I was starting scorekeeper this year)
- Celebrated my mom's 50th birthday
- Had a 3D ultrasound of our little man
- Went to the MN State Fair (and saw 30 Seconds to Mars and Linkin Park in concert)
- Started the third trimester
- Had one last night on the town for my friend Gina before her wedding
- Celebrated Oliver's 8th birthday