Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

And then we decided to go on vacation...



For a few weeks, Sean and I have been tossing around the idea of going on vacation. He only has a few days off to work with, so our options have been kind of limited. We changed our minds almost daily – thinking one day we didn’t need to spend the money and the next day that we needed warmer weather STAT!

Well last night, Sean and I were texting while he was at work. (Sidenote: I’m beginning to notice this is our primary form of communication lately. Stupid work schedule.) I was sharing with him the latest options I had found, which has really become a weekly thing for us. But this time was different. Because right away, he responded with:

“Ok, let’s go.”  

And just like that, we were going on vacation. I must have asked him 10 times if he was really sure we should do it, but he was. And with a racing heart, I hit “confirm” and booked our trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
{Source}
This kind of decision making is so very typical of us – largely because this is how he works. And we're a team so we make these decisions together. He thinks very thoughtfully about things. Considers all of his options. Sits on it for what feels like forever (just ask how this went when I was waiting for us to get engaged). And then boom, makes up his mind in an instant and sticks to it. I think most of our major life purchases or decisions have gone this way – buying a house, getting engaged, planning vacations, deciding to start trying for babies, picking a restaurant for dinner. You know, the important stuff.

So, um, apparently we’re going on vacation. And with a forecast like this – I just have to say that the sun and sand cannot come soon enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment